Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday's Tasty Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

I don't know how many of you have heard of Stephanie Nielson, but she and her husband were in a plane crash in August and are severely burned (Stephanie over more than 80% of her body, her husband Christian over about 30% of his). Anywho...I found Stephanie's blog and have been so inspired by her. She seems like the best wife, most awesome mom and such a fun girl. She has a food blog (CuisineNie), and I found this recipe there. I just tried it and it is SOOOOO yummy! It's now officially fall (pumpkin season!), so this seemed an appropriate treat. Enjoy!

1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
one (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan. Cream butter and sugar with pumpkin until fluffy. Add eggs. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mix until just combined. Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pan. Bake approximately 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack.

*I actually made muffins instead of a loaf. It made 2 dozen muffins and I cooked them for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comments:

Ie Li said...

I'm so excited to try this!