Friday, November 14, 2008

We've got the pox!

Jack has chicken pox! I didn't even realize that people still really got chicken pox, but he hadn't yet been vaccinated for it (usually done between 12 and 18 months)...so here we are. Luckily it seems to be a pretty mild case (he's had spots since Wednesday morning, and this is as bad as they've gotten as of tonight), and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. The annoying thing to me is being quarantined! I can't hardly go anywhere (except places with drive-thrus)...and I'm looking at about a week of this! I may go crazy!!! Here are some pictures of my spotted little boy:

Not too thrilled about having his picture taken. But, see? You can hardly see any pox anywhere!

The worst of the pox...

Still super cute...even with the pox!

5 comments:

Ie Li said...

I hate having to stay inside because of sickness! It makes me feel like such an outcast.

FitNotQuitJess said...

YIKES! Poor Jack. I remember having chicken pox as a child and HATED it! Good/bad thing he's so young though. Good because he won't remember it but bad because it's hard to get him to stop scratching.

Poor little guy and poor Linds! Having to be quarantined is no fun. Hope it goes away soon. Try oatmeal in his bath, it'll be fun for him plus good for the pox!

Humes Family said...

I feel for you!! here's hopeing the time flys by!!

Tiffany said...

The worst part is you guys can't come over and hang out today!!! We are all home fir about the first Sat in months!!! Boo. Get well soon Jack! We miss you!

Alisa said...

OH poor Jack. When i heard i couldn't believe it. I hope he gets better soon. Now that it is nice outside we should take the kids to the park. Of course when jack is better.