Now that Jack is starting to talk more I wanted to make a list of words that he's saying. Most of them he still doesn't say very clearly, but as his mom I know what he's saying. I'm loving this stage of development! He'll attempt pretty much any word we throw at him, but this list is words he says on a regular basis on his own.
Sorry if this is a boring post...this is mostly just for my me! (I betcha his grandma will appreciate it too!)
*No (He says this ALL day long....even when he means yes half the time.)
*Mine (a new, unwelcome addition to the vocabulary)
*Uh-oh
*Hello
*Hey
*Please
*Thank you
*Excuse me
*Sorry
*Love you
*Daddy
*Mommy
*Jack
*Elmo
*Baby
*Cheese (used for actual cheese and when referring to a camera)
*Popcorn
*Banana
*Juice (for any drink)
*Water
*Arf Arf (dog)
*Kitty
*Ball
*Chee (what he calls his stuffed chicken)
*Key (for when he wants to drive the car)
*Beep, beep
*Choo, choo (I'm sure we can thank Alex for this one!!!)
*Outside
*Trash
*Owie and Ouch
*Bubbles
*Shoes
*Socks
*Hat
*Head
*Cheeks
*Teeth (when he wants to brush)
*Two
*Three (we're working on one, but he doesn't really say it)
*Amen (He's SO good, when we sit down to eat he folds his arms and waits to start eating until the prayer is done. He sometimes reminds us to pray!)
*He can also identify the following body parts: head, nose, eyes, ears, cheeks, mouth, teeth, knees, and toes


5 comments:
Alex says "you're welcome"
Growing up!! His grandma does love hearing all about this!
I think you should put Jack's pronunciations next to the words!! My favorite is "Ello!" and "Jew" (or "Ju")
They're too cute. Jerimiah still doesn't say "one" so I don't know what is up with that!
I love these kind of posts - Jack is such a cute boy. It was a doggy book in Nursery yesterday that I think helped calm him down. Well, it also probably helped that there were only 12 kids in there instead of 20... I don't think Jack likes chaos.
Post a Comment