Saturday, March 7, 2009

Look what I got...

For $6.10!!!
This past Tuesday my sister-in-law Alisa invited me to a couponing party (yes, apparently couponing is a verb now). The party teaches you all about coupons and how to really stock up on things and save money at the same time. Anyone who knows me knows that I am ALL about getting a good deal, so this is totally up my alley! One thing I learned at the party was that Target (one of my favorite stores) will let you combine their store coupons WITH manufacturer's coupons. Target recently sent me a book of baby coupons and by combining them with some manufacturer's coupons I was able to get a pack of Huggies Newborn diapers, a tube of A&D ointment and 6 Johnson's Buddies soaps for $6.10 (without any coupons my total was $22.10 - that's a savings of 72%!)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Whaaaaaaat?

Teach me! Teach me! No really. Teach me. I was recently saying how I want to go to a coupon class to learn how to do this kind of stuff! Sweet!!! (but how much other random crap did you throw in your cart at Target? Because that's what always happens to me. Target is a drug.)

Alisa said...

It's just the beginning....Tha's a great deal for target. Good job!!

Megan Hedrick said...

I want to learn too! I've been trying to use coupons but the online ones aren't cuttin it. Where do you get yours?

Lindsay said...

Megan - I got these coupons mostly online actually! I've signed up for the paper, but my subscription won't start until next week. I used two Target store coupons ($2 off Huggies and $2 off A&D) and then combined them with coupons I found online ($5 off Huggies, $1 off A&D and then two $3 off 3 Johnsons products). The Johnsons buddies soaps are only 97 cents at Target, so I got all 6 of them for free.

Right now you can find Huggies coupons on coupons.com. The Johnsons coupon I found from Lindsey Robbin's blog (stockupandsave.blogspot.com), scroll down a little and you'll see a post about free Johnson's Buddies (although you can use the coupon on ANY Johnson's product) and she has a link to the coupon.

Carol Benesh said...

I always knew you were a clever girl!