Today I am thankful for...
Veterans. I am so grateful for those who willingly sacrifice so much for our country.
I saw this quote today and I loved it: "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Give Thanks: Day Eleven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
When you were 22 and Lexi was 20 I found the letters back and forth between my maternal grandmother and her son, Ted, who was 20 when he was shot down and killed on his first flight over Germany. My grandmother lost her husband to complications from his WWI service and her 20 year old only son to WWII. Many families have made huge sacrifices. I sobbed as I pictured even slightly how devastated I would feel at losing either of you. Thank you to all those families who have made sacrifices for our freedom. May we all value it!
Post a Comment