Saturday, November 13, 2010

Give Thanks: Day Thirteen

Today I am thankful for...

Google. 
(Warning to my squeamish friends...this involves a mouth injury, read on at your own risk!)
Jack was playing around in his bedroom (when he was supposed to be going to bed) and somehow fell and hurt his mouth.  It was bleeding pretty bad.  Then I noticed that the little piece of tissue that connects his lip to his gums was no longer attached.  I started freaking out a little.  (It doesn't help that my car is about 25 minutes away with my husband at work right now, so I would have no way of getting him to the ER if I needed to.)  Thank heavens for Google.  After a quick search (in which I learned that piece if tissue is the upper labial frenulum), I also learned that this is a pretty common injury which pretty much never requires medical attention.  Phew.

(I am also thankful for Facebook friends who helped calm my still somewhat shaken nerves.)

0 comments: