Thursday, December 30, 2010

11 in '11

Tonight I've been thinking a lot about goals and things that I would like to accomplish in the new year.  Here are eleven things I'd like to do in 2011:

1.  Learn how to sew. 
2.  Start "Mommy Money" with Jack (similar to the idea found here).
3.  Cook something new each week.
4.  Organize my garage once and for all.  Get rid of the stuff we really don't use or need.
5.  Have a weekly date night with Adam.  Even if we don't go anywhere, I want to have at least one night a week where we plan something fun to do together.
6.  Have more craft nights with my girlfriends.
7.  Decorate my master bedroom.  We've never had a decorated master bedroom - our mattress is just on a metal frame, we have bedside tables someone was getting rid of when they moved, and a dresser from my childhood bedroom - we never even painted the walls.  I'd love to have a pretty room with at least painted walls and a headboard! 
8.  Build a piece of furniture from this site.
9.  Hold weekly family home evenings (or mornings if Adam's schedule is crazy).
10.  Blog (at least) twice a week.
11.  Learn how to really use all the features on my camera and take more pictures!

4 comments:

The Andelins said...

i believe you forgot a few things... let me add them for you:

Move to Utah
Start Etsy Shop

K. Now your list is complete!!!

Sheena Perron said...

Ok Lindsay...I read your list and when I got to #8 I decided to visit the link that you had. Now I have this huge list of things I want to build from Ana White.:)
Love your list, btw. I am going to have to make one of these and try to stick with it. Thanks for sharing!!
And I agree, you do need to add 'Move to Utah' on your list. :)

CB said...

Ah, Lindsay, the bunk beds my father in law built from that site turned out awesome. We have them in the garage right now with the 1st coat of stain on them. I will post pics when they in the girls' room. Or better yet, you can come over and see them. saydi's loft bed is next in line for stain. :)

Zockoll said...

We need that date night!