Friday, February 18, 2011

Dear Owen,

Tonight you are having a hard time going to sleep.  (I'm not sure why since you took an early nap that was only 2 hours - I suspect you are teething.)  I have been in your room three times already trying to help you go to sleep (your brother has been unconscious since the moment his head touched the pillow).  Each time you are so happy to see me and want me to get you out of your crib and snuggle you.  I gave in the first time (you're just too cute).  We snuggled in the rocking chair and I sang songs while you sucked your finger.  You have loved that finger since you were a tiny guy and you still love that finger.  You also love pointing out body parts.  Tonight you are obsessed with eyes, nose and "aaaahhhh" (mouth).  Each time I go into your room you make sure to repeatedly point out my eyes, nose and "aaaahhhh."  I love it.  I love you.  Please stay little and cute and fun forever.  Love,  Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww. This made me cry a tear for a moment. My baby is 11. Time is so fleeting. Treasure your finger sucker and his babyhood as much as possible. I love how you wrote to him! Just beautiful!

Kelli said...

i love this lindsay!

Carol Benesh said...

So glad you're smart enough to appreciate this in the moment. Sometimes we don't realize how fleeting and precious these moments are and then...they're GONE! We love Owie, too!!!

Allison said...

I feel the same about Weston - such a good age. :)