Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday's Tasty Treat: Best Blueberry Muffins


My aunt-in-law (does that make sense?) is such a yummy, yummy cook. Her food is mouth-wateringly good. I recently made her blueberry muffins from a family cookbook, and they were the BEST blueberry muffins I've ever had, and I wanted to share...so here you go:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp. melted butter (cooled)
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries

Topping:
4 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk egg in medium bowl then add sugar. Add melted butter a little at a time. Add sour cream to combine. Add frozen berries to dry ingredients. Add sour cream mixture to flour. Mix for 25 to 30 seconds. Some flour may remain. (Lindsay sidenote: the batter is very thick, and doesn't look like normal muffin batter.) Use a big scoop and cooking sprayed muffin tin. Cook until light brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and dip in butter then dry topping.

4 comments:

CB said...

These look like the ones you made for SYTYCD..they were sooo yummy! I will most definitely have to make these for my fam! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Tiffany said...

Woot! I loves me some of Lindsay's blueberry muffins!

Ie Li said...

Those look delicious! I'm going to have to try this recipe out. Thanks! I'm glad we can keep in touch through blogging now!

Humes Family said...

I love it when friends share recipes!! thanks, I can't wait to try!!