Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last trip of the summer...

A couple of weeks ago we were talking to the Fagans about how fun it would be to do a trip without our kids. Everything just fell into place - we were able to arrange it with grandparents, the La Jolla condo was available, and we were even able to get free tickets to Disneyland. Seriously...this trip was the BEST! And the cherry on the sundae of it all: Jack was AWESOME for my parents...yay! (This was the first time we had left him for longer than a few hours, and I was a bit nervous about it, but he did great!)

Thursday, once Adam and Trevor got off work, we headed down to California. My parents live in Pasadena, so we took a little detour and dropped Jack off. A few tears later (mine), and we were on our way! Kid free for a long weekend!

Friday morning, we woke up, got ready and headed up to Disneyland. Seriously...the happiest place on Earth. It was SO much fun! Get ready for SERIOUS picture overload:

This is us in line for Space Mountain. I don't know if you can really call it a line, we just had to walk through the line, it was only like a 5 minute wait. This was the first ride we went on...can you tell how excited we are!?!?!
Just stopping to take some more pictures in line...
Tiffany and me being dorks...
The ride about to start...yay!

After Space Mountain, we headed over to Frontierland. For those of you who don't know my husband well, he talks to everyone! After coming out of a store, Adam saw a Disneyland worker dressed up like a cowboy with a violin. Adam says something to him about having a hoedown. Well...the next thing you know, this man is grabbing people from all around and teaching them dance steps. I'm not a big "embarrass myself in public" person, so thankfully Tiffany jumped in and danced with Adam. I kid you not when I say it took this man 10 minutes to get this hoedown going. He would teach a step, and then start just talking about something else, and then teach another step. It definitely made for a memorable part of the trip!

The whole hoedown gang
Pirates of the Caribbean
Me and cute Adam on our favorite ride, Thunder Mountain
Yay for free Disneyland tickets! Thanks Troy!

We had park hopper passes, so we decided to head over to California Adventures. Now, it's no Disneyland, but there are still a few fun rides. In fact, if you ever go there I highly recommend the new Toy Story ride over there. You have a little dart gun and you shoot virtual darts at targets. It's seriously SO much fun! Plus, it's 3-D!

In our cool 3-D glasses
Nervous to get on California Screamin'
We took a picture of this ride picture on California Screamin' because we all look just AWESOME in it (awesomely bad)

Back to Disneyland for some more rides, pictures and an AWESOME fireworks show.

Me and my Prince Charming Riding Space Mountain....again!
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Saturday morning we slept in and then spent the rest of the day exploring tide pools, shopping, hanging out at the beach, and playing games. It was so nice to just relax that whole day. Me and Adam at Mission Beach
At La Jolla Beach Park
Sunset at the beach

Sunday was spent packing up and heading home. I was sad to see the trip end, but so excited to have my little Jack back!Two sleepy boys on the car ride home

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it again. Now!

On Hot Damn!

CB said...

There's just something about Disney that warms my heart! Could be the annual trip we'd take as a family when I was growing up! :) So glad you guys had so much fun!! :)

Humes Family said...

looks like fun!! I would love to see you in a ho-down ;)

Kelli said...

hey i thought you were going to bring me and i would stay in the pack-n-play in the closet...no?

The Andelins said...

I am SOOO jealous!!! Trips with friends are the BEST!!! I think we should to a DisneyLand trip sometime too!!! I haven't been since before I got hitched!

Amanda said...

LOL! Kelli's comments are cracking me up! She sounds so sad....
Anyways, looks like tons of fun!
My husband is anti-Disney, and I have been trying to convince him to go for Christmas.....Who doesn't want to be in the 'happiest place on earth' during the 'most wonderful time of the year'?