Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday's Tasty Treat: Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


This is a recipe that I got from my aunt, and it is SO yummy! This has been requested a number of times at our family Sunday dinners. Bonus, it is SUPER easy! In fact, Adam has made it the last few times.

1 chocolate cake mix (My aunt specifically lists Duncan Heinz, but I've tried others and it turns out just fine. Also, I don't think it really matters what kind of chocolate cake mix, although I usually use devil's food.)
1 package instant chocolate pudding (small package)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
16 oz. chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Invert on plate and dust with powdered sugar.

Also, for my friends on diets: while searching for a photo to accompany this post I came across this similar Weight Watchers recipe. I haven't tried it, but it looks yummy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

Totally agree! I have had this recipe for a few years now and it ALWAYS gets the rave reviews and recipe requests when I take it to a party or potluck. It is sooooooo moist and yummy.

If you make the WW version, let me know how it turns out...

Tiffany said...

Yummmmmmmmm...I am using up WW points just looking at the picture!

Zockoll said...

CAKE GOOD!!! Me Likey!

We are the Matthews! said...

Thanks for the recipe! I think I will try it out for Sunday at my sisters. THANKS!!! Oh and I LOVE Disneyland. It makes me want to go looking at your pictures. We are big Disney fans!!