Saturday, July 4, 2009

Jack's birthday celebration

Jack's 2nd birthday was pretty low key. (Sorry buddy!) With the new baby due any day (we're STILL waiting!), I didn't have the energy to plan a big party like we did last year.
The night before Jack's birthday, Adam and I put up some streamers and a banner for the birthday boy. He was pretty excited about it. Jack coming downstairs and noticing the decorations...He kept looking at everything and whispering, "Wow!"I kind of forgot about making a cake until that afternoon....so this is what I was able to whip up on short notice:Blowing out candles...Mmmm....cake is good!The two year old and his buddy Callie!

5 comments:

The Andelins said...

So cute!! I love the whole "decorate the house for the birthday" idea!! He looks so excited!!! P.S. Way cute cake!!

Lindzie said...

I think the cake looks lovely...and I know the feeling about not having energy! Hope baby comes soon!

Carol Benesh said...

Love the CAKE just whipped up. Very nice. Also, love that it looks like the shirt says "Noooooo I'm 2." How apropos! Such a darling boy!

birmingham family said...

Very cute! Looks like lots of fun- love your cake, cute idea!

April Hansen said...

The cake is awesome!! Love it. I need to take a cake decorating lesson from you. I'm sure many would! :)