Jack just turned 2 1/2. Here's what he's been up to:
Jack is learning all sorts of fun things to say. Some of my favorites are:
"Oh my gosh" (pronounced Oh by dosh)
"You kiddin' me?"
"Sleeping Beauty" (pronounced Sheepin' Booty)
"Whoopsie"
"I'm a boy" (He says this whenever he doesn't want to do something, or doesn't think he can do something. For example if you ask him to help you clean something up and he doesn't feel like it at the time, he'll say, "No Mommy, I'm a boy.")
"No thank you" (He says this almost every time he says no to something. My favorite is when he says it when he's frustrated because it comes out "NO. Thank. You."
"Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Tree!" (We've tried teaching him Christmas...it's not going so well! He'll say Christmas by itself, but when you try to get him to say the whole phrase, he still says tree.)
"Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Tree!" (We've tried teaching him Christmas...it's not going so well! He'll say Christmas by itself, but when you try to get him to say the whole phrase, he still says tree.)
"Santa Toy" (not Santa Claus...Santa Toy)
"I shoot you" (with his finger up by his face pointing at you) Not quite sure where he learned that one, and I don't love it (kind of embarrassing)...but it sure is danged cute!
"Adam Clark!" He says this when he's mad/frustrated with Adam. I DO know where he learned that one...sorry, babe!
Other random things...
Jack is very helpful. He'll get me diapers, wipes, tissues, and burp cloths almost whenever I need them!
Jack loves playing games. We recently bought the game "Memory" and he LOVES it. He's pretty good too, although he doesn't always want to wait until it's his turn once he figures out where a match is.
Jack now sleeps in a big boy bed. He was super good for the first week, and now he sneaks out of his room MULTIPLE times at nap and bedtime. We seem to have solved this problem by putting a lock on the outside of his door. Pretty much just the threat of being locked in works at this point.
Jack is obsessed with Ironman (thanks, Adam!). He goes around singing "I am Ironman, do do do."
Jack loves reading books. One of his favorites is "Goodnight Moon." We've read that to him so much that he'll now "read" it back. His favorite parts are "hush" (for the old lady whispering hush) and "goodnight stars, goodnight air." Other books he loves: David Shannon books (especially "A Bad Case of Stripes" - thanks Amy!), "Trashy Town" and "Counting Kisses." ("Counting Kisses" was a recent find at Savers -side note: did you know they sell children's books for 69 cents each!?!? Plus if you buy 4, you get one free. I almost didn't get it because it seemed a little "babyish" for Jack. I'm SO glad I did though, because he LOVES to mimic the book and kiss Owen and it's about the cutest thing ever. Today during nap time Owen and Jack were cracking up at each other while Jack was giving Owen kisses on his toes, and knees, and nose, etc.)
At bedtime, Jack loves being sung to. His favorites are, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," "I Love to See the Temple," and "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus." Oh and, of course, "Popcorn Popping."
Jack loves helping in the kitchen. He wants to move a chair all around to "help."
We ♥ Jack and are so glad he's a part of our family!
...
When I opened Picasa to find a recent picture of Jack, the folder that was open was pictures from Jack 1/6/08. I couldn't resist tossing in a few.
For your viewing pleasure...
(Seriously...how did my baby become a 2 1/2 year old!?!?!)


1 comments:
Awww cute Jack!!!! Seriously, he is OLD now- when did that happen?? P.S. Love the hair in these photos-- such pricelessness. XOXO
Post a Comment