Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Owen is eight months!

Our little Owee is eight months old.
A few fun facts about Owen:
O LOVES big boy food. Since he's so mobile and into EVERYTHING, it's nice to be able to put him in his high chair for a few minutes with some puffs or a teething biscuit while I make dinner.
He's not picky. He'll eat pretty much anything.
His favorite foods are: sweet potatoes, lasagna soup, pasta salad, applesauce and
ice cream sandwiches.
Don't judge.
Last week Owen was sitting on my lap while I opened an ice cream sandwich to share with Jack. As soon as the wrapper was off, Owen grabbed it from my hands and put it right in his mouth. The sweet taste stuck in his mind, because he now gets excited when he sees an ice cream sandwich taken out of the freezer.
Who could say no to this cute face???

Owen is a "furniture (or washing machine, or whatever else is around) cruiser."
I even caught him STANDING without holding on to anything a few times yesterday.
Please slow down Owen...you're only 8 months old!
A few weeks ago Owen sported his first "faux hawk."
Too cute!
His hair has gotten SO long, I actually had to trim some off the top when I did his hair.
Owen LOVES to play with Jack.
He doesn't even mind when Jack sits on him yelling "Yee Haw!"
Don't you worry...he gets him back. Owee wants to be just like the big boys.
He was sitting on the couch, but when he saw Jack cuddling with Daddy he had to get in on that too.

O loves the playroom. He's so independent. He'll just sit in there crawling from toy to toy, perfectly content.

A few more things about Owen...
*He still has NO teeth.
*He still wakes up once (occasionally twice) a night. We cried it out with him for a week and a half and he was still waking up crying at least once a night. At least we broke him of the "up 4 times a night" habit!
*He gives kisses.
*He is a momma's boy.
(I ♥ it! Jack's always been a daddy's boy, so I love that Owen wants his mommy!)

We love little Oboe SO much!!!
I just can't believe how fast he's growing up.

8 comments:

The Andelins said...

oh my goodness! So much cuteness going on here! I am diggin' the faux hawk on that kid- SO cute!! (When did he get so old???) Ahhh!! We can't wait to see you guys in exactly ONE MONTH!!!

Carol Benesh said...

Yay, new pictures of Owen and Jack. Such cute boys. Kisses from Grandma!

Rees Family said...

Such cute pictures. I feel like it was just yesterday that you posted his birth story. Wow! What I really want to know is how you function having to wake up that much throughout the night. You are supermom! Keep updating. Your kids are adorable.

Shelly Benson said...

OK, I know everyone says this, but he is so cute! Looks like you might have another laundry lover on your hands. Also, your playroom is much prettier than mine... I need to get some cute shelving.

Kelli said...

if my calculations are correct, owen, callie, evan and amanda were all born on th 9th of their month? is that correct? cool.

Lindsay said...

Kelli -

Owen was actually born on 7/7...his mom's just a lazy blogger.

Megan Hedrick said...

haha I was dying when you said "Don't Judge" I'm totally the same way with Kyna so there's no judging here.
He is way too cute! Love the faux hawk.

Allison said...

Cute!
You are so good at posting about Owen growing up. I have yet to do one for Weston!