Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sock Mitten

A couple of weeks ago Owen cut his finger with a pair of scissors.  
It was all my fault.  
Adam had the boys upstairs getting ready for bed and I brought the scissors over to the couch to open something.  I set them down on the couch and completely forgot they were there.  Adam brought the boys back downstairs and sneaky little Owen grabbed the scissors while we were getting everything ready for bedtime, and proceeded to cut his finger pretty good.  
I felt absolutely terrible about it.  
Bad, guilty mommy moment.
We tried to double bandage it, hoping that he wouldn't be able to get the bandaid off.
Fifteen minutes after we put the boys to bed, we heard him screaming.
Of course, his bandaid was off his finger, and he had wiped his finger ALL OVER THE BED.
Jack was already asleep, but I had to turn the light on to make sure I got everything cleaned up. 
He didn't even flinch.
That kid can sleep through ANYTHING.
Now how to keep Owen from ripping off his bandaid again?
Put a sock on his hand and tape it to his jammies.
Yeah.  We're awesome parents.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Creative solution. :)

Kelli said...

i LOVE jack's bedding! i love the green sheets. where did you purchase?

i just bought evan some new bedding so that he doesn't sleep in a pink crib anymore, and i don't like it. but i am just going to have to ignore it...

Alisa said...

I love the way Jack is sleeping. SO cute!

Rees Family said...

Love the sock. That is totally something we would do. You get pretty desperate when you just want them to GO TO BED!!! Your boys are adorable and growing fast!

Carol Benesh said...

Such a clever solution. Jack sleeps like Lex...through anything. Hope O is feeling better and healing quickly. These things happen. Luckily it wasn't too bad.