Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We had a dam good day! (That's my only dam joke...promise!)

Adam got home from his business trip earlier than expected on Friday, so we decided to head out for a fun family outing. I've never been to Hoover Dam, so we decided to check it out. Gotta say, I was a bit disappointed. First off, it takes a while longer to get out there than I realized. It'll be nice when that new highway is finished, because the narrow, one lane, 15 mph makes for some SLOW going. Also, despite the slight cooling we've been experiencing (90s instead of 100s), Hoover Dam felt like it was the surface of the sun. SOOOOO hot! Next, Hoover Dam is such a HUGE rip off! Parking is $7. To even go inside the visitor's center is $8, and the tour is $30. Being the frugal people we are, we parked in free parking (which involves a bit more walking in the heat) and gave ourselves our own tour (which was pretty pathetic since the only building they don't charge you to go into was closed). We checked things out, took some pictures, let Jack run around a bit and got some yummy Rocky Road ice cream. All in all, it was a fun time with my boys, and Hoover Dam itself is pretty impressive.

Cute boys. Jack looks like he's got a fake smile.

Ice cream face!

3 comments:

The Andelins said...

Oh my gosh, Jack is looking so grown up!!! Ahhh!! I can't even stand it!! I'm glad you guys had a Dam good day. I was pretty disappointed when we went that Christmas while you worked.... boo to the dam!!

Ie Li said...

Ooh, I love the family shadow picture. How fun!

Tiffany said...

Being from BC, I love myself a good dam joke! ;)