"Actually, I'm Lexi's OLDER sister." (When we met, Adam said, "Oh, you must be Lexi's younger sister.")
3. Where was your first date? It's so sad, but I have no idea! We were "friends first" and it just naturally progressed into more, but I don't remember where the first "date" was.
4. Where was your first kiss? My apartment in Provo. We were watching a movie...and one thing just led to another...
5. How long did you date for? We met in December 2002, started dating in March of 2003, and were engaged by the end of May.
6. Where did you get engaged? In a closet in the Liberty Square apartments. Wow...I can't believe I'm typed that! I'm TERRIBLE and I figure out secrets and surprises, so Adam wanted to make sure he caught me off guard. We had been "ring shopping" the week before, and I found my perfect ring. I worked just a few stores down from the jeweler, and so I would often stop in on my breaks to stare at my ring (I'm a dork...I know!). One day, it wasn't there and the sales girl told me that some tall, blonde guy had purchased it earlier. She said it in a way that she thought maybe I was dating that tall blonde guy. I wasn't, and I was totally bummed, because now we were going to have to order my ring, and it would take longer and we wouldn't be able to get engaged right away. That night, Adam and I made plans to go to a movie. I met him at his apartment and he wasn't ready to go yet. He went back into his bedroom to change and a minute later called me back to help him pick out a shirt. I went back really hoping he'd hurry or we'd be late for the movie. When I got to his closet he proposed! Definitely not the most romantic story, but I totally wasn't expecting it! We did end up going to the movie, which was a total waste because I couldn't stop staring at my ring - I couldn't believe we were engaged!
7. When and where were you married? We were married in the San Diego LDS Temple on August 23, 2003. It was totally perfect!
8. How did the reception go?
It was a pretty crazy day (we got married in San Diego because the LA temple was closed, but our reception was in Pasadena - 2+ hours away from San Diego)...but perfect. I loved every minute of it (even sitting on the curb at the temple in my wedding dress waiting for someone to pick us up after we were done with our pictures)!!! I still love my dress, my colors, my cake, the flowers, the guy...perfect!

9. How was the honeymoon? We actually didn't go on a honeymoon. We spent two nights at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena, and then had to rush back to Provo because Adam started school that week! We'll have to go somewhere REALLY cool for our 10-year anniversary!
10. I tag...whoever wants to do it! I don't want to put anyone on the spot!


2 comments:
Not putting anyone on the spot in a tag? That's no fun! I remember going to, was it the Malt Shop, in early April of 2003 with Adam and meeting you. I don't know if you remembered that or not.
What about the "first night"? How come that wasn't a question??! ;)
Post a Comment