Friday, October 30, 2009

Things that made me happy today...

*Cinnamon Burst bread from Great Harvest.

*Both boys napping at the same time.
*Discovering a new soup recipe and enjoying it with some of last night's leftover rolls. Can you say comfort food? Y-U-M-M-Y!
*Going on a family walk after dinner. Jack is in love with all of the Halloween decorations in our neighborhood. He's going to be really sad when they're all gone.
*Carving our pumpkin. Jack wanted to do it all by himself. Any time Adam would do something, Jack would say, "Jack's turn."
*Watching The Soup with Adam. I love when both boys go to bed easily and we have time to hang out and talk.
*My two little guys. I had several moments throughout the day when I was hit with gratitude for the opportunity I've been given to have these two little guys in my life. They make me so happy. Seriously, how did I get so lucky!?!?!

6 comments:

Megan Hedrick said...

I love when both kids go down at the same time..it's getting to be rare occassion over here.

The Andelins said...

Aww... look at those long and lean boys!!! We miss them!

birmingham family said...

I was so excited when Great Harvest FINALLY opened again!!!
I love it when the kids are in bed and there is time for Brad and me to watch anything besides cartoons!

Amanda said...

I totally made that soup about a week ago! It was spicier than I was expecting, but it was good!

Lindsay said...

Amanda - I wonder if the sausage you used was spicy. Our soup wasn't really spicy...but we used a mild sausage. I love ourbestbites.com - so far we've loved everything we've made off that site!

Taylor said...

mmm we made that soup yesterday too...it was delicious!!! and it wasn't spicy at all either :o) You have such a cute family!!