Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

I figured I should probably blog about all of our Halloween happenings before it's Thanksgiving already!
This year we started off the Halloween fun with a trip to a local rec center for a trick-or-treat. It was cute. The rec center employees dressed up and passed out candy. This was the first time that Jack understood trick-or-treating and he LOVED it!!!
{Check out what Jack got!}
{YUMMY!}

Next, we hit up the Trunk-or-Treat at Adam's parent's ward. Good times. More candy.
{Our kids look miserable. They were not.}

{Owen the monkey and Jack the lion with Uncle Andrew as Clark Kent}
{My sister Lexi made these cute Zockoll Zoo shirts for Adam and I to wear}
The night before Halloween we finally carved our pumpkin. Jack was VERY into the whole thing, and so proud of the finished product.
{Cleaning out the pumpkin guts}
{Gross}
{We gave Jack his own little plastic knife and let him "carve" after Daddy. I love the look in his face. He took it so seriously.}
{Owen looks a little sad to be missing out on all the pumpkin action}
{Mr. Pumpkin}
Halloween morning pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes were made over at the Fagan's. I slept through the whole thing! Adam brought one over to me later.
Y-U-M-M-Y!
{Jack and his Jack-O-Lantern pancake}
That night we went to the Lund's house for pizza with the family, and then on to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. Pizza was GOOD. Trunk-or-Treat was kinda lame (we hardly saw anyone from our ward).

{Adam's parents with all the grandkids}
{Cute little Owen Monkey}
After Trunk-or-Treat, we hit up a few houses in our neighborhood (Jack was just having too much fun trick-or-treating), passed out some of our own candy, and hung out with the neighbors (check out the Fagan's blog for more pictures). Fun times!
Currently I am gaining about a pound a day from all the candy I've been eating. Letting all that yummy chocolate go to waste would be a crime, right?

2 comments:

Carol Benesh said...

Both boys look adorable. I love the family shot even though they look a tad serious. Cute picture. My love to all!

Carol Benesh said...

On second or third or fourth look, Owen is a darling little monkey. Blew the picture up and LOVE it!