This year Adam had to work on his birthday (a 12 hour day - yuck), so we weren't able to celebrate that day. So we've been spreading out the celebrating this whole week. Monday, Jack and I made cinnamon rolls for Adam for breakfast. And today is Adam's day off, so we're doing a little more celebrating.
A few months ago, I saw a great idea on one of my favorite blogs. It was her husband's birthday, so she took her daughter to the dollar store to pick out what she wanted to get her dad for his birthday. (It's a really awesome post - you should check it out here.) I thought that was a cute idea, so yesterday the boys and I hit up The Dollar Tree. We walked the whole store. Twice. And Jack picked out a few things for his daddy. It was so cute watching him decide what Daddy would want. He got distracted a few times and thought that Daddy would want some things he really wanted (like a Toy Story puzzle, and a Lightening McQueen coloring book), but we walked the whole store before making our selections. He definitely knows his daddy, because he spent the LONGEST time perusing some USB cables and iPod nano cases. Ultimately though, he decided those weren't quite right for a birthday present.
This morning we wrapped up our gifts. I helped with the cutting, but everything else was all Jack.
Then we hung up the decoration Jack picked out, and surprised our daddy. (Jack's saying "Mardi Gras" in this picture.)
Opening the card Jack picked ALL himself.
Here's what Jack picked out for Adam for his birthday:
Happy birthday daddy!






6 comments:
oh my gosh this is adorable. what a great idea! i am totally going to copy it.
air horn? ha ha. usb cables? ha ha ha!
Looks like Adam had a great birthday(week). Love the idea of the dollar store. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Oh my gosh. I shouldn't have read this at work. Laughed so hard I cried!
Hahaha this is HILARIOUS!! Can't wait to show Chardie when he gets home!! haha. Mardi Gras!?!? Hahaha.
What a cute idea!!!
LOL!! That is the greatest!
Post a Comment