Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today...

This morning Jack did not want to go to preschool.  He told me to call his teachers and tell them he wasn't coming.  I think he mostly didn't want to go because I told him he needed to eat breakfast so he could go to school, and he didn't want to eat breakfast.  Jack's like me; we're not really hungry right when we wake up, so he gets grumpy when I'm rushing him to eat breakfast.

Owen and I ran some errands while Jack was at preschool.  I picked up this book at the library.  I'm excited to finally get to read it.  We got rid of our TV service about a week ago, and I'm loving spending my free time reading.  I've missed reading.

Before we had to pick up Jack, Owen and I came home for a bit and played.  Owen is such a content, happy baby.  I love his sweet disposition.  He's also very good at independent play.  He'll wander into the playroom and play on his own for a good 20-30 minutes (the complete opposite of his brother who wants someone to play with him at all times).

When Jack came home he was starving (probably because he hardly ate breakfast).  He ate an entire yogurt, a hot dog (which must have a bun that he refuses to eat) and a handful of strawberries.  He's also had two Go-gurts as snacks.  Is it possible to consume too much yogurt?

After Owen's nap the boys and I ran errands.  Adam's parents have been out of town this past week and were kind enough to let us borrow a car while they were gone.  It was lovely not having to juggle one car and being able to run errands during the day (often I have to go to the store either on Adam's day off or at night once he's home).  Sometimes I miss the freedom and flexibility of being a two car family.  (Although only having to pay for insurance and gas for one car is nice too!)

I made a yummy pasta dish for dinner, and the boys ate every last bite on their plates.  I love that!  After our regular bed time routine (baths, brush teeth, story, song), the boys went right to bed.

I cleaned the kitchen a bit and then the Fagans invited me over for some yummy peach cobbler.  I love having good friends for neighbors - it's the best!

When Adam came home we played SkipBo (a favorite game of ours that we used to play daily in Maui and haven't played in ages) and watched some of The Office Season 2.  It was nice being able to spend  time together.  Since Adam started his new job our schedules have been crazy and we haven't been able to spend as much time together.  I miss him!

Today was a nice day.

1 comments:

Allison said...

Isn't it amazing how much you can get done when there is no TV? It always makes me stop and actually play with my kids and I realize how much I should've been doing that all along!
You are such a great mom, Linday. :)

p.s. let me know what you think of that book.