Saturday, October 16, 2010

Things that made me happy today... $

1.  Taking a walk with my boys.  The temperature this evening was just perfect.  

2.  My neighborhood.  A lot of people really get into the holidays here.  I love it.  I love how much my boys (Jack especially) love it.  Jack is so excited to run from house to house and point out all the decorations.  "Look Mommy!  A ghost!"  "Bones!  I see bones Mommy!"  "Pumpkins!"

3.  Finding some cute clothes for holiday pictures.  (Even better...everything was on sale!)  My sister, Lexi and her family are coming to visit us in a couple of weeks and we decided that we'd try to snap some pictures of each other for Christmas cards.  No guarantee that they'll turn out (2 boys+pictures = disaster)...but at least we'll be dressed cute!

4.  Owen finding a Mr. Potato Head toy in my closet and yelling "Ho, Ho, Ho" at it.  (We have a Mr. Potato Head with a Santa beard that the boys like to put on their faces and say "Ho, Ho, Ho.")  This one didn't have a Santa Beard, so I'm guessing that Owen thinks Mr. Potato Head is called a Ho, Ho, Ho.

5.  Reading a book and singing bedtime songs with both my boys.  Now that Adam works a lot of nights the bedtime routine falls solely on me (we used to divide and conquer).  I love me and my boys squished on the rocking chair in Owen's room reading "Good Night Moon" and singing "I am a Child of God." 

1 comments:

Carol Benesh said...

I love that you're smart enough to enjoy all of the little joys of life. They grow up quickly. Glad you're having such fun with these darling boys! We're rather fond of all of you!