Friday, January 7, 2011

Owen is 18 months...

...and so stinkin' adorable.
I seriously love this kid so much.
Jumping on the bed
 Still LOVES his finger.
I'm hoping he outgrows it at some point, but I don't anticipate that being anytime soon.
 Finally got some teeth!  You can't see them too well in this picture, but he's got two on the bottom (both barely poking through), and it looks like he's getting a random one on the top too - 
see it over on the left of this photo?  
That's gonna look awesome when it pokes through!
A few random things about Owen:
-still isn't talking much.  He babbles quite a bit.  Other than the words I listed on this post, he now also says ball, cheese, please, and Jack.  I think he said "No" for the first time today too, but I'm going to pretend that he didn't.
-is becoming a bit of a picky eater.  Annoying.  He loves cereal, pancakes, cheese, yogurt, oranges, cucumbers and anything snacky (crackers, goldfish, chips).  Other than that he won't eat too much.  If he doesn't like the way it looks, he won't even try it.  (I don't really know what to do about that!)  He's starting to throw the food he doesn't want on the floor.  Double annoying.  Especially when it's soup.
-loves to mimic Jack and Daddy.  Cutest thing ever.
-LOVES bath time.  The second he hears mention of a bath he runs right over to the stairs.
-is starting to get a little bit of "toddler attitude" - throwing little fits, hitting (often himself - ?) and throwing things when he doesn't get his way.  He started this about a month ago, and the first time he did was in the middle of church.  Adam and I were trying so hard not to laugh because he was SO mad and kept trying to hit all of us and throwing anything in sight.  Not really behavior I want to encourage, but it was kind of funny at the time!
-is back in the "put everything in his mouth" phase.  Really hoping we outgrow that for good soon!
-is overall a very sweet, mellow boy.  We love our little Owen (O, Owee, Oboe, Odabodah, Bodah) SO much!

6 comments:

The Andelins said...

Oh my goodness- cutest pictures EVER!! Btw, loving those white trash teeth!! Yay!!

Umm, it must be an 18 month thing, I swear when Cam turned 18 months it was like mini terrible twos!! The hitting (also, mostly of oneself..), the fits. Sigh!!!

We love you Owee!!! Enjoy nursery big (little) guy!!

Allison said...

I agree - it's an 18 month thing because Weston is doing all of those things just as you described them!
Owen is super cute, though :)

CB said...

He is so cute!! And yay for some teeth finally poking through!!

Humes Family said...

Holy Cow 18 months. That was fast! Did he try out nursery at church today?

Ie Li said...

He is so so cute! I can't believe how fast he's grown!

Carol Benesh said...

We love Owie! So happy that he actually has teeth! I was hoping he wouldn't need baby dentures!